Saturday, August 6, 2016

My Radios: Sony ICF-SW11

Here is another radio from my battery of consumer world radios.


Bought in 2007.


It is a portable analog radio (with 9SW, MW, LW and FM bands) so you shouldn't expect much from it in terms of functionality, also the analog tuning dial has its very obvious limitations, like being unable to determine exactly the frequency you tuned in to or being unable to tune precisely to a given frequency.


That said, I liked its shortwave reception when I used it a bit soon after I bought it, and thought that it was pretty good on shortwave, all things considered.


However it then developed a major problem with the tuning dial - the pointer first refused to move - then recently regained that ability but the range is shifted upwards somewhat but it doesn't seem to affect ability to tune itself. Described in below video in Russian.




Also it seems now that its reception ability has deteriorated now - 9 years after it was bought.




In any case I hardly ever use it now.


ETA: May 26, 2019

In May 2019








No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP REDBUBBLE