Thursday, March 31, 2016

Moscow FM Band Scan March 2016

On March 18-19, 2016 I surfed Moscow's FM band 87.5 - 108.0 MHz and did an FM station count.

During my first attempt I counted 36 stations and the memory in my point-and-click overflowed with 102-105 MHz not yet covered.


A day after the above attempt I had another FM session and used my cell phone with more memory and this time the result was 44 stations.


And I was using auto-tune on a Sony home component stereo, a 2002 Sony MHC RG40, and at least a couple more stations were skipped over by said autotune, so the actual number is closer to 50.

Only one Moscow FM station - Capital FM @ 105.20 - broadcasts in English.

Interestingly, while the FM band in Moscow is as full as in any other major world city and there is also an extension of it - the Russian UKW band, the AM band has on the other hand become almost completely depopulated in recent years with only a couple of stations, well, maybe four or three but most of them broadcasting only part of the day and not every day of the week at that.








VreMax: Moscow FM Surfing: Radio being one of my hobbies, yesterday I decided to surf Moscow's FM band 87.5 - 108.0 MHz and do a station count. During my firs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHOP REDBUBBLE